- Michael had a somewhat neutral attitude. He was helpful, but not very engaging, and didn’t go out of his way to connect with us.
- NEXT TIME put more of your own attitude and personality into the experience and engage with the guests.
- There were issues with our order (not Michael’s fault) that we had to wait for. There were also times when we had to wait for him to bring condiments/sides that we’d already asked for–even having to ask twice.
- NEXT TIME double-check the order before bringing it out. Nobody will slight you for not opening up the burger and tasting the cheese to make sure it’s pepper jack instead of provolone (no, please don’t do that!), but you probably could have noticed that the carrots weren’t steamed and corrected the mistake before you got them to our table.
- Michael kept my glass full the whole meal. Good job!
- Due to the problems with some of our food, we did a good bit of waiting. Would have sure been nice to have some of those bottomless fries while we waited. And waited. And waited.
- NEXT TIME pay attention to what the guests are doing, and if they have to wait because the kitchen messed up the order, offer to comp an appetizer (or just bring out more of the bottomless fries they would have gotten with their order anyway!).
- We ordered a side of steamed carrots for the kids, but were presented with a small bowl of raw carrots (seems to be a trend at RedRobin…). Michael realized the problem when we mentioned it, and went about correcting it.
- My wife also had the wrong kind of cheese on her burger, and he took that as well to have it remade once we told him of the problem.
- Honestly, the tip was pretty good due more to the manager’s actions than Michael’s (see below).
- NEXT TIME get a better tip by being engaged with your guests, and by providing them with outstanding service…like the manager did.
- Once the cheese was fixed on my wife’s burger, it was a manger who brought it back out to our table. She actually noticed that I hadn’t touched my own meal, and offered to remake it as well so it would be hot. I was stunned! Yes, I was hoping that Michael would make that offer when he brought back my wife’s burger, and I had thought about asking if he hadn’t, but I was in awe that this manager was so proactive as to ask.
- To top that off, she told us that they would just end up throwing away the first burger they’d put the wrong cheese on, and asked if we’d like to box it up to take home! Sure it wasn’t exactly what we’d ordered, and that was why it was replaced, but it wasn’t bad per se, so why not?
- I’ve never had any manager at any restaurant act with such a customer-service focus as this lady. After the meal was over, I asked at the front for her business card. Turns out, she wasn’t even the manager at this location! They told me that her name was Heather, and that she was the manager at the RedRobin on Brandywine Parkway. If she runs her store the way she treated us that day, we’ll be frequenting her location more often. Great job, Heather!